So, I have decided finally after years that, I like myself. I am a good person and I have a good heart. I am not perfect, but I am fearfully and wonderfully made and that means that I have to start treating myself that way. I'm kinda cute (as if that really matters), and I need to concentrate on me. That sounds very selfish but I cared about one person and one person only for almost a decade and that didn't get me very far. It got me very insecure and very fat. So after being introduced to veganism by my good friend about two or so years ago, and after having her cook delicious food for me, I realized last week: "I could do that......"
I am not going to be vegan, or vegetarian, but I am eating better. I love me some meat but I don't have to eat the whole cow. I love eggs but I don't need a four egg omelet. I am making modifications that I can tolerate, slowly. I have stocked my fridge with fruit and veggies, boca burgers, earth balance "butter", and I have reduced my soda intake by 3/4s. Baby steps. Heck, if this goes well I might even start exercising or something.
Today I've eaten:
2 bananas
2 oranges
2 Nutri-Grain bars
1 Healthy Choice Manicotti Dinner
That's a total of 940 cal and 12g of fat.
I also managed to force down 2 bottles of water.
When I get home I plan on having a big salad.
I'm proud of me!
Ahh! I just read your post! I am so proud of you, DoriAnne! Especially the 2 bottles of water! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete